Placing an Order
Trouble placing an order
Discounts & Coupon Codes
- How do I know if my order has been approved/packed/shipped?
- How can I track my order?
- My order was shipped several days ago, but I haven't received it yet. What's going on?
- My order never arrived. What do I do?
- My order has missing items that I paid for. What do I do?
- My order was damaged/Dead On Arrival (DOA). What do I do?
- What Shipping Carriers do you use to ship your packages?
- Does USPS deliver on Saturday?
- Does UPS deliver on Saturday?
- USPS now offers Priority 1-Day, 2-Day and 3-Day shipping. Why can't I choose 1-Day shipping?
- When will my order ship?
- How is my Shipping Cost calculated?
- Do you offer Free Shipping?
- Do you offer a Flat Rate Shipping option through USPS?
- Do you offer International Shipping?
- What types of Online Payment do you accept?
- Do you accept any other types of payment?
- Do you accept PayPal?
- Do you store credit card information?
- Do I have to pay Sales Tax with my order?
- Do you accept Canadian/Euro/Bitcoin/etc. currency?
- How do I use a Gift Certificate to pay for my order?
- My credit card/order was declined… why?
- How do I know if a product is in-stock?
- Do you do pre-orders/backorders?
- I want to purchase a product, but it is Out-of-Stock. What can I do?
- I want to purchase multiples of a product, but you do not have enough. What can you do?
- I'm interested in purchasing a product through Survival-Pax, but you do not currently carry it… can you help me?
- I'm interested in purchasing large quantities of a particular product… can you give me a quote?
- How many colors do you carry?
- Where can I see/compare all of the Paracord colors?
- What's the difference between Commercial & Mil-Spec Paracord?
- Can Paracord get wet?
- Do you have instructions on how to make a Paracord bracelet?
- Do you offer free Paracord Samples?
- Do you offer lengths shorter than 100 ft.?
- Do you offer spools shorter than 1000 ft.?
- I ordered 100+ ft. of paracord… why was it split into two pieces instead of an entire length?
Placing an Order
Can I change/add something to my order after it has already been placed?
Yes! Please contact us ASAP as we typically begin processing your order the same or next business day. If you need to add items, we will need to place a second order; please call us since we will need your credit card information again to process the order.
I placed more than one order… can you combine them into one package to conserve shipping costs?
Yes! That is typically our default and we are happy to do that for you. If we see that you have placed more than one order with the same shipping address, we will do our best to combine those orders into one package and adjust the shipping costs accordingly.
There are times when it is not possible to combine orders if the first order has already been picked up by our Shipping Carrier and the subsequent order(s) was placed after the fact.
Trouble placing an order
I can't complete my order online… what do I do?
Contact us and we will do our best to walk you through the online ordering process, or we can place your order over the phone. If there is a website glitch that you are experiencing, please contact us ASAP with your online browser type and version, as well as any other information that you have to help us identify the problem.
The website won't let me add any more of a particular product to my cart… what's going on?
You have probably added the last item from our inventory into your cart, which is why you are not able to add more than one. If you are on the original product page, you should see plain text where the "Add to Cart" button once was, which displays: "Last item added. No more on shelf."
Discounts & Coupon Codes
Do you offer discounts for non-profit, Military, LEO, Scouts, charity, etc.?
That depends. Please contact us for details.
Do you have any Coupon Codes or sales currently going on?
We don't have active Coupon Codes ALL the time, but when we do have Sales Announcements and Coupon Codes, you can find them in three (3) particular places!
- View the "scrolling banner" on the top of our webpage.
- Visit our Facebook Page and look for any sales announcements. Be sure to "Like" us to be notified next time there is a sale!
- Subscribe to our E-Mail Newsletter and you'll be notified once or twice a month about our bigger deals happening at the store.
Where do I enter Coupon Codes?
You can "Redeem a discount coupon" at the bottom of the page of your "Shopping Cart", just before you begin the Checkout process. Limit one (1) Coupon Code per order.
How do I know if my order has been approved/packed/shipped?
Our computer system automatically sends you three (3) electronic notifications via e-mail throughout the entire ordering process.
- E-Mail Notification #1 — Your Order has been Pre-Authorized: Your order has been successfully placed and an invoice has been created. Your order is now in queue to be packed up by our team.
- E-Mail Notification #2 — Your Order has been Processed: Your items have been packed, assigned a tracking number and the credit card has been charged. Your order is now waiting to be picked up by the appropriate Shipping Carrier.
- E-Mail Notification #3 — Your Order has been Completed: Your package has been picked up by the appropriate Shipping Carrier and has departed our facility. Your order is now on its way to you!
How can I track my order?
E-Mail Notification #2 & #3 includes the tracking number and a link to the appropriate Shipping Carrier's website to track your package.
If you created an account, you can also log into your Survival-Pax Account, click on "Order History", find your order and the assigned tracking number.
My order was shipped several days ago, but I haven't received it yet. What's going on?
Check your Tracking Info to see if your package is still in transit. The most common scenario is that your package has been delayed by the Shipping Carrier. Wait a few more days and it's likely to show up at your doorstep.
If your package does not show up, the Shipping Carrier might have lost your package or delivered it to the wrong address. If this is the case, please contact us and we will work with you from there.
What Shipping Carriers do you use to ship your packages?
We currently use the United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS).
Does UPS deliver on Saturday?
No. UPS only delivers on business days (M-F), unless you set up a UPS Saturday Delivery. To do this, please contact us. UPS Saturday Delivery requires an additional $15 fee.
USPS now offers Priority 1-Day, 2-Day and 3-Day shipping. Why can't I choose 1-Day shipping?
The "Priority Shipping" that USPS now employs is an automatic estimation of delivery based on where the package is being shipped from and to. There is no difference in shipping cost or service, nor is there a guarantee that your package will be delivered based on the estimation that USPS determines. For more information, visit USPS.com.
How is my Shipping Cost calculated?
Your shipping cost is calculated based on three factors:
- The weight of your package
- The distance the package must travel from our facility to your designated address
- The method of delivery (ground, express, air, etc.)
Do you offer Free Shipping?
We currently only offer Free Shipping for select items. Our customers have voiced over and over again their appreciation for our low product prices coupled with cheap shipping rates, as opposed to high product prices coupled with "free" shipping.
There may come a time in the future when we do offer some form of Free Shipping, so be sure to sign up to our E-mail Newsletter, "Like" us on Facebook, and/or subscribe to our YouTube Channel to receive that announcement.
Do you offer a Flat Rate Shipping option through USPS?
We do not have USPS Flat Rate Shipping as a standard option on our webstore since it is impossible to estimate how much/what types/combinations of product will fit into a USPS Flat Rate envelope or box. However, for our customers in Alaska and Hawaii, we will happily work with you over the phone so that your order can be shipped via USPS Flat Rate Shipping to lower your shipping costs.
Do you offer International Shipping?
We have partnered with Bongo International to service our customers Worldwide!
Bongo International provides our customers with their very own US address. Once you have a US address, you will be able to make purchases with us as well as other US based online retailers. Bongo receives your purchases and logs them into their online system which you can use to view your items and consolidate them with multiple orders.
What types of Online Payment do you accept?
We accept all major US Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Do you accept any other types of payment?
For those who would rather not pay by credit card, we also accept US money orders and checks. Please call us to make this arrangement possible for you.
Gift Certificates (aka Pax Bux) are another payment option and can be used during the Checkout process on the "Shipping & Payment" page.
Do you accept PayPal?
We currently do not accept PayPal as a payment method. We do not agree with PayPal's corporate policies and do not wish to support such a company.
Do you store credit card information?
Your privacy is important to us. Therefore, for security reasons we do not store your credit card information. We will need your credit card information every time you place an order with us.
Do I have to pay Sales Tax with my order?
You will only have to pay Sales Tax only if you are resident of Illinois, which is where we are currently located.
How do I use a Gift Certificate to pay for my order?
Select "Gift Certificate" as your payment method on the "Shipping & Payment" page of Checkout. Enter the 16-digit Certificate ID into the field on the final page of Checkout. If you do not have enough funds on the Gift Certificate to cover the total for your order, you will be prompted to provide additional payment by credit card.
My credit card/order was declined… why?
There are a few possibilities as to why your credit card was declined:
- You incorrectly entered the credit card holder's name, credit card type (Visa, MC, etc.), credit card number, expiration date, CVV code, billing name and/or address.
- You do not have enough funds in your account.
- Your bank is not releasing the funds from your account.
If you have attempted to rectify any of these issues and you are still having trouble placing your order, please give us a call and we will do our best to help.
Do you offer Dealer Accounts?
We currently do not offer Dealer Accounts. However, it is our hope to do so in the future. Sign up to our E-mail Newsletter, "Like" us on Facebook, and/or subscribe to our YouTube Channel, where we will make an announcement if/when we begin to offer Dealer Accounts
How do I create a member account with Survival-Pax.com?
There are three ways to create a member account with Survival-Pax.com:
- In the column on the right side of the Survival-Pax.com website, you will find a small box titled "Your Account". Click on the "Register" button, which will bring you to this page where you can create your new member account.
- During the Checkout process, choose "Guest Checkout". You will be prompted to fill out your personal information (Name, Billing/Shipping Address, Contact Info, etc.). Near the bottom of this same page under "Username & Password", you have the ability to fill in a username and password to create your new member account.
- Call us up and we'll create a member account for you! We'd love to help. :-)
Help! I can't sign in!
REMEMBER: All Usernames and Passwords are case-sensitive. This means that it matters if you created your account using upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and/or symbols in either of your sign-in components.
For example, if your Username is "Paracord4Ever" and your Password is "Sw33tD3aL", you will need to type that Username and Password in exactly as you read it. You will not be able to sign in if you do not use the proper characters, upper and lower case letters included.
If you do not remember your Password, you can click on the "Forgot Password?" link found in the small box titled "Your Account" in the column on the right side of the Survival-Pax.com website. You will then be prompted to enter your Username (case-sensitive!) and the E-mail address that you used to create your Survival-Pax Member Account. You will then receive an E-mail with instructions on how to reset your Password.
If you've forgotten your Username and Password, or you are still having trouble logging in after resetting your Password, give us a call and we'll help you through the process!
How do I know if a product is in-stock?
We have what is called "real-time inventory". On each product page, if the stock status (found in green font just under the product's price in red) reads "In Stock", then we have it on hand ready to be shipped. This stock status will change instantly ("real-time") to read "Out of Stock" if the product is suddenly sold out.
Do you do pre-orders/backorders?
No we currently do not. We believe this is a hassle for both parties. For a remedy to this problem, see the question below this one.
I want to purchase a product, but it is Out-of-Stock. What can I do?
You can be notified via e-mail when we re-stock a particular item by going to the product page and entering your e-mail address in the field found below the "Out of Stock" status. If you are in a rush to purchase an item, please contact us ASAP.
I want to purchase multiples of a product, but you do not have enough. What can you do?
Give us a call and we'll see if we can put in a special order for you.
Give us a call!
I'm interested in purchasing large quantities of a particular product… can you give me a quote?
Give us a call and we'll discuss the details!
Where can I see/compare all of the Paracord colors?
We have an AWESOME (dare I say the Best) Paracord Color Chart with a dynamic interface. Check it out HERE!
What's the difference between Commercial & Mil-Spec Paracord?
The answer to that question can be found in great detail here.
Do you have instructions on how to make a Paracord bracelet?
Yes! Please go here to see our YouTube video guides!
Do you offer free Paracord Samples?
We do! Just let us know what colors you are interested in and we will send you 3-5 inch labeled samples. Sorry, but we do not send samples of our entire inventory (over 200 colors) because it takes several hours for one of our team members to cut and label each color.
Do you offer lengths shorter than 100 ft.?
No, we do not.
That being said, however, our "Paracord by the Pound" stash is often filled to the brim with lengths shorter than 100 ft.. Check it out on the first business day of each month at 10am CST.
I ordered 100+ ft. of paracord… why was it split into two pieces instead of an entire length?
Sometimes, when rolling a hank of paracord, there is a split in the spool (known as a "broken" spool"), or we find an abnormality in the paracord and make a cut and continue rolling. Rest assured, you have the entire length of paracord that you purchased. If you do not want a split in any of your paracord hanks, just leave us a message in the comment box when placing your order and we'll respect your request.
Are different colored buckles of the same size eligible for price breaks?
Yes! Just add everything to your shopping cart and you'll see the price break adjusted for each buckle in your cart.
What do the buckle sizes mean (ex. 3/8", 5/8", etc.)?
Buckle sizes are measured by the size of the opening on each end, not by the outer width or length of the buckle.
What is your return policy?
The answer to that question can be found in great detail here.